Hello, friends, and happy new decade!!
I cannot believe that we’ve made it to the year 2020?! It’s still so crazy to me that I’ve lived through two millennia, two centuries and four different decades (us 90’s babies are really starting to feel like time’s slipping through our fingers faster than we could ever catch it and that’s terrifying!!!)
In all honesty, this is a post that I wanted to write before the start of the new year, but life happened, I had a million and one things to finish for University, and I had to take a
very unwanted break from anything that wasn’t work, studying, eating and sleeping, and it felt a little bit like this:
Fortunately, things have calmed down enough for me to finally be able to take time for myself again! Which means getting back into reading, playing more video games, listening to more music and, of course, giving some love to my blog
which I promise you I am not ignoring on purpose but I still feel like whatever I have to say is somehow not good enough so I struggle with writing posts but I’m working on it!!
With my very first post of 2020, I wanted to review some of my favorite things that I’m looking forward to this year, and also share some of the goals that I’ll be working towards! Think of it as New Year’s resolutions meets Clau’s current obsessions meets… pretty much everything that will make 2020 the best year yet!! Now keep in mind, some of the things that I’m about to mention might have already happened or are in the process of happening right now, but that doesn’t make them any less exciting and I’d like to have a record of them somewhere – which leads me to what you’re about to read!
Without further ado, here are some things that I’m excited about for the new year!!
GOALS/ASPIRATIONS/THINGS I’D REALLY LIKE TO DO
- Finishing my dissertation, graduating with a Master’s Degree in American Studies and finally being done with school… forever!!
- Studying more Korean, and allowing myself to suck at it before I can get good at it
- Also possibly learning more about music production, and enrolling in a local music academy to learn how to play the drums (!!!!!)
- Obtain a tourist visa for myself and my parents, and finally visit my aunt and cousins in the United States this summer!
- Starting my brand new bullet journal, and completely filling it out (I love staying organised and having a record of my life, but I also really love pretty designs and gorgeous lettering, so check out this video from AmandaRachLee for my inspiration!!)
- Working my way up at my job, and hopefully moving out into a bigger apartment by the end of this year!!
- Also having room for more than one bookshelf (it’s pure torture, you guys)
- Being better at self-care, in every sense of the world! I want to take care of both my mental and my physical health this year, and really hone in on what it is that always, always makes me feel better, so that I can keep doing it (one thing I’ve already learned and that I’m passing on to you right now – everything feels better after a shower!!)
- And finally, becoming more involved in the bookish community, whether that is by blogging or by making new friends on Twitter, too!! I’m still learning how to be social without feeling like I’m not worth being known by anybody, so please bear with me – I promise, I want to talk to each and every single one of you, and I’m always happy to scream about books or songs or movies together 💜
I CAN’T WAIT FOR/CURRENTLY CAN’T STOP TALKING ABOUT…
- THE UPCOMING BTS COMEBACK!!! You may not know this about me, but I am a HUGE Army! These seven boys have helped me more times than I can possibly count, and their music has been such a constant source of comfort that I can’t help but be extremely excited when I know that more of it is on the way!! “Map of the Soul: 7” will be released on February 21st, and if you haven’t already, check out the comeback trailer right here (Yoongi might or might not be my bias and I might or might have not screamed the entire time I watched it…)
- The new adaptation of “Little Women”!! I haven’t actually been able to see it yet, because it only comes out on February 7th in my country, but I’ve already made plans to go with one of my best friends and I CANNOT WAIT!!!!
- Since we’re on the topic of movies – “FROZEN 2”!!! Which was absolutely fantastic and had BRILLIANT, INCREDIBLE music and made me cry and wish for the millionth time that I wasn’t an only child but that was also so magical and so… gorgeous, I loved it so much!!
- Also, it wouldn’t be one of my posts if I failed to mention “To All the Boys 2: P.S. I Still Love You”!! The first movie was one of my absolute favorites, and after seeing the trailer for the second one (HOW CUTE WAS IT????) I’m super excited to see what it has in store for us!!
(TENTATIVE) JANUARY TBR!!
* Author’s note: These are mainly backlist titles that I already own, since I’m trying to focus on my (already way too high) physical TBR and actually read the books I already have before I buy any more (hello responsibility WHO IS SHE)! There are also very many 2020 releases that I am anticipating eagerly – maybe that can be the subject of a different post? 🥰
- Of course, “P.S.: I Still Love You” by Jenny Han!! Since I just mentioned that the movie adaptation for this book is going to come out soon, I absolutely must finish it before it does (and yes, I have been reading this book for months, don’t look at me, I WILL FINISH IT)
- “Red, White and Royal Blue” by Casey McQuiston, another book that I’m super excited to finally get to! BookTube has had nothing but praise for this, and I’m in such a mood for a cute, snarky, smart romance (and also for gay books, I’m always very excited for gay books) so I’m hoping to pick it up ASAP!
- “WAYWARD SON” BY RAINBOW ROWELL, FINALLY!!! Why have I let so much time pass before starting this one, why am I depriving myself of my two favorite gay disasters, why haven’t I already read this a million times??? As you may know, “Carry On” was one of the stand-out books of 2018 for me – I loved everything from the characters to the world to the unlikely romance (let’s be honest that’s my favorite part) so I’m hoping that I love the sequel just as much, if not more!!
- “Oranges: Love and Kitties” by Sebastian Oacheș!! My friend and I randomly stumbled across this graphic novel in our local bookshop and instantly fell in love with it and bought it!! Essentially, it’s a collection of very cute comics that make me feel like I no longer want to be single – so yes, I highly recommend (especially since the author is Romanian, is my age and personally reached out to thank us for the support)!!!
- And, finally, “The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo” by Taylor Jenkins Reid! Yes, you’re all allowed to yell at me, this will be my first TJR book ever and I suck, but I’m honestly so ready to finally see what the hype is about! From the thousands of discussions that I’ve seen surrounding this book, I have a feeling that I’ll adore it so, yes, it’s finally happening!! Soon!!!
I’d love to hear about your plans for 2020!! What are your most anticipated book releases? What other things are you most excited for? What’s your favorite New Year’s resolution that you made? I hope this year is the best one yet for everyone, I hope it treats us gently, and I look forward to everything that it has in store for us! See you next time~